Here the swallow’s the other half (wife)is injured and the condition is fatal.
She was hit by a car as she swooped low across the road.
He brought her food and attended to her with love and compassion.
He brought her food again but was shocked to find her dead.
He tried to move her……a rarely-seen effort for swallows!
Aware that his sweetheart is dead and will never be with him again,
sadness filled his eyes and sorrow felt in his spirit.
He stood beside her as his heart weeps for his only love , in this worldly life.
Finally aware that she would never return to him, he
stood beside her body with untold pain and despair.
Many people cried after watching this picture. It is said that the
photographer sold these pictures for a nominal fee to the most famous newspaper in France .All copies of that newspaper were sold out on the day these pictures were published.
Haven’t this remind us of a story, long before…. Story of the first generation of human ever lived.
story of the first killing done in human history?
When people are at lost. When we had done, what we shouldn’t do. When we were defeated by Iblis and followed our nafs.
Didn’t God sent bird, to teach human how to buried the corpse?
This had been recorded in Al-Quran, [5:27-32]
27. And recite to them the story of the two sons of Adam [Hâbil (Abel) and Qâbil (Cain)] in truth; when each offered a sacrifice (to Allâh), it was accepted from the one but not from the other. The latter said to the former: “I will surely kill you. ” The former said: “Verily, Allâh accepts only from those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious – see V.2:2).”
28. “If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear Allâh; the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinns, and all that exists).”
29. “Verily, I intend to let you draw my sin on yourself as well as yours, then you will be one of the dwellers of the Fire, and that is the recompense of the Zâlimûn(polytheists and wrong doers).”
30. So the Nafs (self) of the other (latter one) encouraged him and made fair seeming to him the murder of his brother; he murdered him and became one of the losers.
31. Then Allâh sent a crow who scratched the ground to show him to hide the dead body of his brother. He (the murderer) said: “Woe to me! Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother?” Then he became one of those who regretted.
32. Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land – it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits (e.g. by doing oppression unjustly and exceeding beyond the limits set by Allâh by committing the major sins) in the land!.
Now, the bird teach us sympathy, love , effort and how to accept fate even when its bitter to take in.
Lets us reflect.
Where are our sympathy?
when we dont actually care about other people?. hows their feeling?. hows their condition?.
when we throw newly born baby at the side of the street?. when we make a sup out of infant?.
when we beat up everyone who seems not making us happy?. when we spread gossip about people we detest?
when we throw our parents in old folks house, not even seeing them once?
Where are our love?
when we search only those who can complete our lust as partner? when we beat our parents, teacher, brothers and sisters?
when we killed our own children because of the noise they make, crying out for our attention? when we bullied those who are below us?
Where is it?
Lets learn through the bird actions. he sympathy and so he care.
Even in the middle of the road, where its instinct told it to run.
He love and so it come back. Keeping the other one by side.
Didnt we see.. how the bird, even <perhaps> knowing that the other one might not have the chance.
Keep on bringing food. To lessen the thirst and hunger as death knocking the other bird’s chest.
Yes, we should keep on trying and hoping. For everything is in God’s power.
Didnt we see.. How the bird, engulfed by the natural emotional state. Shocked. Disbelief.
As how we human also equipped with. Shaking the body of the love ones. Is this true? Is this happening? Can it be turned back?
And so its heart filled with tears. Feeling empty as we all fears. Yes, its unbearable. Yes, it painful.
Yes, we feel it. After all, we have emotion. After all, we are all creation.
How to deal with it?
Lets the emotion be seen through. Let it be for a short while. Until we are ready. That the fact aren’t always happy.
That in God’s will everything happened. That He knows what we dont know. That He is The Ultimate.
“To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.” (Surah Al Baqarah 2:156)
p/s: little reminder..
“Do you know the meaning of that (statement)? <referring to ayah 2:156>
You are saying, I belong to Allah as a servant and I am going to return to Him. So whoever knows that he belongs to Allah as a servant and that he will return to him, then he should know that he will be stopped. And whoever knows that he will be stopped, then he should know that he will be questioned. And whoever knows that he will be questioned, then let him prepare an answer for the question.”
Do we really know and understood the meaning of that statement?